Inspiring Inkin Challenge #14



We had to draw inspiration for this fortnight's challenge from the gorgeous chocolate cake above. I decided I would make my own too, but in paper so it' not quite as yummy as the real thing! The other proviso was that we had to use glitter and I certainly have on my creation!





I decided to do a 3D card using To the Nines Specialty paper. Stamped and punched out the larger butterflies with the new butterfly punch, hand cut the smaller ones and stuck them randomly over the spiral. I stamped "Noel" in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White, cut those out and suspended them with linen thread on the spiral. The tree was made by cutting two triangles which have been slotted together. The spiral was made from a large circle and cut internally in an ever decreasing circle. It can be removed and packed flat for posting.




This is a close up of the lettering stamped in Chocolate Chip and tombow applied liberally and Fine Galaxy Glitter (gold) sprinkled all over.
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Schoolbook Serif
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Papers: Close to Cocoa, To the Nines, Whisper White, Ski slope (retired)
Accessories: Fine Galaxy Glitter, linen thread, tombow, snips, butterfly punch

Labels: